Off Site SEO
Off page optimization refers to other web properties and the links coming from them. Those links are called backlinks. The referring page can be another blog or business website, a social property like Facebook, a citation, or blog comment linking back to your property. There are other means of receiving backlinks, but these are common methods and usually easy to get.
• Link Outreach – There is a chance you have done business with a company that has a site, or you have an acquaintance or networking connections that have personal site. Just reach out to one of these connections in Winona and ask them to include an article about you or your company on the site. My recommendation is that you create it to save them the inconvenience. Be sure to include a web page and return the favor to them by creating a link to their website from yours. Also note, if they have a Google verified address in Winona and you are wanting to rank for a local Winona service term, that will be a positive geo relevance factor.
• Social Networks – By setting up social profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit you have an opportunity to send links to your web page from the account profile. You can also send links out from a post within these properties. Lots of ways to link out, just gotta get creative.
• Citations – Citations are a fantastic way to produce a referral link. Building profiles within local directories like Yelp, Cheap FlightsGoogle Maps, Yellowpages, or foursquare will allow you the opportunity to not only have a local presence in Winona, Minnesota on those profiles but to also link back to your web page from that property.
• Comments – We have experienced personal success searching for articles on the internet that were relevant to our page and leaving a comment on them with a link back to my site. Without being a spammer, locate an relevant blog post, leave a comment and engage the online community, and leave a backlink in your comment that refers back to your web page. That is a backlink.
Software For Off Site SEO
There are other options to the SEO tools that Google offers, there are plenty of other tools that help you monitor traffic, referral traffic, backlinks, page rankings, and other analytic tools. Keeping an eye on the health of your web page and keeping a clean link profile is absolutely necessary for ranking your property. Here are a few of those tools and some basic information on how they could help you with your off site SEO.
• MOZ Open Site Explorer – (https://moz.com/) – MOZ OSE allows you to view referral links, locate link building opportunities, locate unwanted links, check a web sites domain authority, and page authority. Moz also offers other useful tools that are must haves for agencies. Check out Moz local (metrics specific to Winona and the surrounding cities) and the arsenal of free to use optimization tools for those of you that are just getting off the ground.
Domain Authority and PA are important metrics in the SEO world. You can use this tool to check the health on your web site.
• SEM Rush – (https://www.semrush.com/)- This is a great tool for monitoring your web sites optimization. For folks running an SEO organization, this tool allows you to monitor and keep track of any changes with a clients online property. Many of the service software provided in this dashboard are keyword position tracking, website audits, social management, profile monitoring, link audits, lead generation management, keyword analytics, domain health, and much more.
Tracking keyword positions and web traffic are super important tools in SEM Rush.
• Ahrefs (https://ahrefs.com/) – A very impressive dashboard that gives you the opportunity to monitor the condition of your web site. Most of the features available on Ahrefs are similar to those seen on SEM Rush, but there are many specialized tools that make Ahrefs a must get resource for any SEO. Ahrefs includes a site explorer, content explorer, keyword research tool, batch analytics, referral link explorer, and much more.
The link profile explorer is a great tool used for locating links pointing to your website. This is great for finding good and bad back links.
• Pro Rank Tracker – (https://proranktracker.com/) – PRT is an online based SEO software subscription that is mostly used to track the rankings of individual keywords and URL strings. A tool like this is required to monitor movement and/or recognize a drop in the SERPS. For businesses looking to manage SEO for clients, Pro Rank Tracker is a pretty affordable industry option.
Ranking metrics indicate keyword position fluxuation in the SERPS. The red values indicate a dip in rankings while the green values displayed show a spike in rankings.
• Keyword Tool – (http://keywordtool.io/) – This software tool is effective for finding key terms that you want rank your site for. You can configure specific location settings to pin-point search volume in a specified city and state like Winona, Minnesota. These key phrases that you find and begin to target will be the same keywords that you track in PRT. Another helpful feature is the search volume info, this identifies how much search occurs monthly in your area and if it’s seasonal, trending, or a constant stream of search volume.
Identifying locally searched phrases is beneficial for anyone trying to rank in Minnesota.
Winona Off Page SEO
Modern Influence Logo
Modern Influence Image
SEO pricing is strongly based on competition of keywords and location. Before we focus on enhancing your rankings we need to gain a better understanding of the keywords and search volume of the relevant terms in your vertical. This requires us to perform some keyword research before we give you a monthly quote for SEO. Complete the form below to get started with our free keyword research.